601 Hodges Palestine TX 75801
An impeccable example of the grandeur of historical homes of the South is now for sale in historic Palestine Texas! This exceptional residence was built in 1911 for A.B. Hodges, a retail merchant, with J. F. Brook as the architect. Subsequently it was the home of Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Sullivan, who named the property "Elmwood", and in 1979 it became the cherished home of Mr. and Mrs. James C. Boone and family. A generous wrap around porch, massive classical columns and a two story pedimented portico grace the Greek Revival style home, with equally significant interior features. Upon entering you will be amazed by the beauty of the grand entry hall with carved staircase, extensive solid wood crown molding, soaring coffered ceilings, wood floors, elegant light fixtures, leaded glass transoms, and floor to ceiling windows. With 7 bedrooms and 4.5 baths plus 3 living areas, a dining area that welcomes dining tables seating 12 +, a large kitchen & breakfast area, 4 wood burning fireplaces and so much more, this home has the craftsmanship and quality of materials that are no longer available for new homes. This majestic estate is located on 3.22 wooded and landscaped acres in the hills and trees of East Texas.
From E. Palestine Ave and N. Mallard St.: south on n. Mallard St. to first left on E. Hodges St. Home on Left after N. Church St. SIY.
©2023 Austin Board of REALTORS. All rights reserved. - Certain information contained herein is derived from information which is the licensed property of, and copyrighted by, Austin Board of REALTORS. Listing #9539931 Courtesy of Staples Sotheby's Internationa. Some properties which appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.